Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are among the community organizations that will be present at the 2012 festival:
- 1794 Meetinghouse – A non-profit performing arts organization and center which produces high quality musical, theatrical, cultural, and educational events in the North Quabbin Region.
- Citizens Awareness Network – Education and action to shut down Vermont Yankee and all nuclear reactors.
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – Protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy environment, and future generations.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – Education about organic food, farming, and gardening.
- North Quabbin Community Co-op – A neighborhood market in Orange, MA that provides healthy food at an affordable price while building community, supporting local agriculture, and respecting the natural environment.
- North Quabbin Woods – Forestry, wood products, recreation.
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – Works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.
- The Trustees of Reservations – Preserves for public use and enjoyment properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts.