Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are among the community organizations that will be at the 2015 festival:
- Athol Hospital – a non-profit critical access hospital providing acute care to the North Quabbin region as part of Heywood Healthcare
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Veteran Services – information about state and federal benefits
- Coop Power – info on community owned sustainable energy, solar, and biodiesel
- Farm Values Project – an educational project of Mt.Grace Land Conservation Trust designed to engage people in reflection about challenges faced by small- scale farmers in our area
- Franklin County Community Meals Program, Inc. / Orange Food Pantry – works in partnership with the community to alleviate hunger in Franklin County. Visit FCCMP in the Potters All Clay Guild Tent to learn about and a make a bowl for the Empty Bowls fundraiser coming November 13, at the Orange Elks Club
- Heifer International – donates animals to and trains farmers in sustainable agriculture here and abroad.
- Massachusetts Nursing Association -promotes nursing and patient safety in MA, collects signatures for financial disclosure of organizations accepting public funds for operating expenses in MA
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy, environment, and future generations.
- New England Organ Bank – information about organ donation
- Nolumbeka Project – dedicated to preserving New England’s Tribal heritage: a 12,000 year legacy of earth connection and sustainability by honoring the past, healing the present and celebrating the future
- North Quabbin Trails Association – a stewardship and hiking organization that opens up new trails and connects trail systems in the North Quabbin region
- North Quabbin Visitors Bureau – provides maps and tourism materials to attract more visitors to the beautiful North Quabbin region
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – provides education and advocacy to expand the production and availability of nutritious foods from living soils for the health of individuals, communities and the planet
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.
- Quabbin Harvest – Your Local Market – a neighborhood market in Orange, MA that provides healthy food at an affordable price while building community, supporting local agriculture, and respecting the natural environment.