Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are among the community organizations that will be present at the 2013 festival:
- Athol Hospital – a Critical Access, non-profit acute care hospital serving the nine communities of the North Quabbin Region.
- Citizens Awareness Network – a grassroots environmental organization working to end the use of unaffordable and dangerous nuclear power in the Northeast and replace it with sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy generation.
- Coop Power – a multi-class, multi-racial movement for a sustainable and just energy future.
- Massachusetts Nurses Association – will host an information booth in support of a safe staffing referendum that they are undertaking.
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy environment, and future generations.
- Nolumbeka Project, Inc. – is dedicated to the preservation of Northeast native culture, art, music, community and sacred site protection.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – provides education about organic food, farming, and gardening.
- North Quabbin Community Co-op – a neighborhood market in Orange, MA that provides healthy food at an affordable price while building community, supporting local agriculture, and respecting the natural environment.
- Peak Expeditions – since 1988, providing affordable mountain expeditions and treks to the world’s greatest peaks, and adventure travel and recreation experiences in the New England area.
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.