Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are among the community organizations that will be present at the 2014 festival:
- Coop Power, info on community owned sustainable energy, solar, and biodiesel
- Franklin County Community Meals Program, Inc. / Orange Food Pantry – works in partnership with the community to alleviate hunger in Franklin County.
- Heifer International – donates animals to and trains farmers in sustainable agriculture here and abroad.
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy environment, and future generations.
- New England Organ Bank
- Nolumbeka Project, Inc. – is dedicated to the preservation of Northeast native culture, art, music, community and sacred site protection.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – provides education about organic food, farming, and gardening.
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.
- Quabbin Harvest – Your Local Market – a neighborhood market in Orange, MA that provides healthy food at an affordable price while building community, supporting local agriculture, and respecting the natural environment.
- Swift River Valley Historical Society - keeps alive the story of the villages and four “lost” towns of the Swift River Valley which were flooded in 1938 to create the Quabbin Reservoir.