The agricultural vendors at the festival offer amazing, locally grown and produced products that celebrate the bounty of the North Quabbin and surrounding regions. Through on-going demonstrations and workshops you’ll learn to grow your own garlic, press cider, make an herbal tincture, learn to grow mushrooms, relish in roasting chiles, or delight in a flower garland or wheat weaving. Celebrate this feast of the land, honor the good work of farmers, and rejoice in the harvest season.
Stop by the new Agricultural Tent where suppliers of agricultural products will help you learn more about best practices for growing food. You can also find out where to get local farm products in the Local Food Brochure from North Quabbin Energy.
Our 2015 farmers and farm product exhibitors are listed below. Please learn more about these wonderful exhibitors by visiting their website!
We are full for exhibitors for 2015, but if you live in the North Quabbin region and farm or produce a farm product that you feel fills a unique niche at the festival please contact Ricky 978-544-7564 to talk more about applying for participation in the 2016 Festival.
- Balky Farm, Northfield MA: Quilts, sheepskin, wool felted items, rovings, yarn, meat, preserves
- Birch Moon Farm, Shutesbury MA: Herbal teas and body care
- Chase Hill Farm, Warwick MA: Organic cheeses including garlic cheese
- Companions of Health, Wendell MA: Aloe and Fig plants, shitake mushrooms, herbs
- Cooleyville Farm, New Salem: Maple syrup, produce and garlic
- Clearview Compost, Orange: compost education
- Dancing Bear Farm, Leyden MA: Garlic, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and plants
- The Farmstead, Leverett MA: Cedar garden accessories, perennials, dried flowers
- Fungially, Hadley MA: fresh and dried mushrooms and products
- Jumping Mouse Farm, Petersham
- Kimchi Fusion, Orange MA: kimchi and kimchi pesto
- The Kitchen Garden, Sunderland MA: Garlic, root and fall veggies, herbs
- Little White Goat Dairy, Orange MA: Raw goat milk products and pastured meat
- MA chapter of the American Chestnut Foundation
- MA Working Steer 4-H Club, Steer demos each day
- Montague Chili Roasters, Montague MA: on-site green chile roasting
- New Salem Preserves, New Salem MA: Apples, preserves, and cider
- Niemi’s Apiary, Athol MA: Honey, beeswax candles, beekeeper’s handcream
- Old Friends Farm, Amherst MA: ginger, tumeric, garlic and misc produce
- Permaculture Guild of Western Mass, Leverett MA
- Pollinators Welcome, Turners Falls, MA
- Popple Camp Alpaca Farm, Phillipston MA: Alpaca knitted products
- Prospect Hill Farm, Royalston MA: Wheat weavings and dried materials, mushrooms
- Real Pickles, Greenfield MA: Raw, local organic naturally fermented pickles
- Roots, Fruits and Greens, Wendell MA: veggies, herbs, and fruit
- Seeds of Solidarity Farm, Orange MA: Great assortment of garlic for planting, garlic braids, fall veggies, handcrafted cedar meditation benches!
- Stockbridge Farm, South Deerfield MA: Lavender and Herbal products, garlic salt and pepper
- Sweet Birch Herbals, Haydenville, MA: wild food, preserves, freshly foraged delights, wildcrafted teas and tinctures
- Wendell Gold Maple Spritzers, Wendell MA: maple sap sparkling beverage
- White Buffalo Herbs, Warwick MA: Handmade organic herbals, teas, and aromatherapy products
- White Oak Timber Framers, New Salem
- Winterberry Farm, Colrain, MA: Fiber for sale: flax, angora from rabbits, mohair from angora goats, and several types of sheep wool, plus scheduled ‘border collie herding ducks’ and natural fiber demos
- Woodcock Farm, Belchertown MA: fleece, roving, yarn and hand-knitted and woven products
Don’t miss: Horse-drawn Hayrides with Brian Hubbard!
Check out the new agricultural skills tent for growing ideas!
The animal area features Winterberry Farm with border collies herding ducks demos at 11.00 and 2.00 each day, and natural fiber demos at 12.30 and 3.30 with beautiful fibers from their farm for sale. The MA Working Steer 4-H Club youth provides steer demos at 12 and 2 each day.
Other on-going agriculture vendor demos include:
Ethical Foraging practices and cooking techniques with Acorn Kitchen, Maple Tap setting with Wendell Gold Maple Spritzers, the magic of Kimchi with Kimchi Fusion, Straw Spinning with Prospect Hill Farm, Needle Felting with Balky Farm, Spinning with Woodcock Farm, and more…WOW!