The Festival is proud to offer three food courts throughout the fields. Enjoy lunches and snacks from one of nearly 20 food vendors and take a load off under one of the dining tents, chat it up, share your indulgences, and leave room for sampling food and sundries from local businesses throughout the Quabbin region. Festival food vendors are committed to culinary creativity and local agriculture, and include community organizations that raise funds through this event. Each food vendor uses at least one, and often many locally grown, raised, or produced products. Many offer a taste of garlic in one way or another.
Beverages are free of high fructose corn syrup and no bottled water– water is provided free on site! All food vendors use biodegradable utensils and plates which are composted after the festival at Orange’s local Clearview Compost, generating fertile soil rather than filling landfills. Attend a workshop at the handcrafted bread oven in the food court, that produces baked goods for festival volunteers.
Come hungry and enjoy the feast and fellowship!
Last year’s Food Vendors:
- Bart’s Homemade: Garlic ice cream, assorted ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbets including local peaches, blueberries, and maple syrup
- Bohemian Kitchen: Gazpacho, garlic cornbread, quiche and salads
- Bueno y Sano: Chicken or spinach burritos with fire-roasted garlic, featuring local tomatoes, jalapenos and garlic.
- Chai Wallah: Hot and gold organic, fair trade chai
- Dean’s Beans: Organic and fair trade coffee, roasted in Orange
- Diemand Farm: Locally raised turkey legs with garlic bbq sauce (sales support Veterans Education Project and Military Family Connect)
- El Jardin Bakery: Wood fired Breads incorporating locally grown wheat, pastries, soups with garlic bread
- Hattapon’s Kitchen: Chicken satay w/peanut sauce, yellow curry fried rice with local veggies, banana rolls, locally grown cucumber salad, Thai iced tea
- Hillside Pizza: slices of pizza include cheese, basil-tomato-mozzarella, or pesto-spinach-portabello-feta, all with garlic and featuring heirloom tomatoes from Hillside Gardens.
- Kelly’s Cupcakes: Gourmet cupcakes including cookies and cream, triple ginger, applie pie with local apples and garlic/cornbread cupcakes with roasted garlic and local goat cheese.
- Lone Wolf Restaurant: Salmon cakes with garlic cajun remoulade, grilled tortilla pizza, locally grown butternut-sweet potato quesadilla with spinach and asiago cheese.
- Millers River Cafe/CF Pals: Vegetarian sandwich wraps with hummus and local veggies, vegetarian chili with fresh local garlic.
- North Quabbin Men For Missions: Blueberry fritters with local wild blueberries, French Fries with garlic-cheese sauce, Strawberry Shortcake.
- Peng Yew Catering: Pad thai with tofu or shrimp/egg with local garlic, bean sprouts and eggs, chocolate pots de crème
- The People’s Pint: Pulled pork sandwich, garlic coleslaw with local veggies, garlic baked beans, spicy peanut noodles, homemade root beer and ginger ale sodas with local honey
- Pomir Grill: Afghanistan cuisine featuring lamb, chicken and beef kabobs, vegetarian specialties featuring local vegetables, salads with coriander chutney and garlic sauce, served with authentic Afghan aromatic rice and Afghan bread
- Rachel’s Green and Super Smoothies: Non-dairy fruit and greens smoothies
- Seeds of Solidarity: Garlic Lovers Plate featuring garlic bread, garlic smoked salmon dip and signature tapendade, with our own mixed greens salad and heirloom tomatoes with garlic vinaigrette (sales support the SOL Garden youth agriculture program)
- Severance’s Maple: Maple cotton candy, maple cream, peanut brittle and other local maple products
We are no longer accepting applications for new vendors in 2013 as the sites are all accounted for, however we would be pleased to accept applications for a waiting list. We want to give priority to businesses who most closely match our mission to provide local food. If this is you, please send us an application. Also, if you are a vendor that provides a food variety that is not accounted for in our vendor list, let us know (Laura or Brendan) as we would like to broaden the variety a bit more as time goes on.
Contact Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura at email@example.com