The Festival is proud to offer three food courts throughout the fields. Enjoy lunches and snacks from one of 20 food vendors and take a load off under one of the dining tents, chat it up, share your indulgences, and leave room for sampling food and sundries from local businesses throughout the Quabbin region. Festival food vendors are committed to culinary creativity and local agriculture, and include community organizations that raise funds through this event. Each food vendor uses at least one, and often many locally grown, raised, or produced products. Many offer a taste of garlic in one way or another.
Beverages are free of high fructose corn syrup and no bottled water– water is provided free on site! All food vendors use biodegradable utensils and plates which are composted after the festival at Orange’s local Clearview Compost, generating fertile soil rather than filling landfills. Attend a workshop at the handcrafted bread oven in the food court, that produces baked goods for festival volunteers.
Come hungry and enjoy the feast and fellowship!
2013 Food Vendors:
- Bart’s Homemade: Garlic Ice Cream, Assorted Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbets Including Local Peaches, Blueberries, and Maple Syrup
- Bohemian Kitchen: Hobo Stew, Spinach Quiche, Salad Greens with Creamy Garlic Dressing, Cornbread, and Coconut Rice Pudding.
- Bueno y Sano: Burritos: Chicken, Barbeque Chicken, Bean and Spinach with Garlic
- Chai Wallah: Hot and Cold Organic, Fair Trade Chai
- Dean’s Beans: Organic and Fair Trade Coffee, Roasted in Orange
- Diemand Farm: Barbeque Turkey Legs, Seltzers
- El Jardin Bakery: Wood Fired Breads Incorporating Locally Grown Wheat, Granola, Pastries, Soups with Garlic Bread
- Hattapon’s Thai Kitchen: Stirfried Vegetable Yellow Curry with Garlic, Cucumber Salad, Chicken Satay with Garlicky Peanut Sauce, Banana Roles, Thai Iced Tea
- Hillside Pizza: Pizza Slices to Include; Cheese and Fresh Garlic, Margherita, Assiago Almond Pesto Onion Squash and Sage
- Kelly’s Cupcakes: Assorted Amazing Gourmet Cupcakes Including a Garlicky Variety
- The Kitchen Garden: Pork Tacos, Bean Tacos, Pico De Gallo, Guacamole, and Mexican Grilled Corn
- Lone Wolf Restaurant: Butternut Squash Quesadilla, Salmon Cakes with Garlic Remoulade, and Tortilla Pizza
- CF Pals (sponsored by Millers River Cafe): Vegetarian Chili with Garlic, Pioneer Valley Vegetarian Wrap with Fresh Local Vegetables Hummus and Garlic, Bean and Corn Garlic Infused Salad.
- Peng Yew Catering: Pad Thai with Shrimp and Egg, Vegan Pad Thai with Tofu, Lemonade, Chocolate Pots De Creme
- The People’s Pint: Garlic Baked Beans, Garlic Infused Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Garlic Cole Slaw, Garlic Barbecue Sauce, Meatballs in Spicy Garlic Sauce, and Homemade Gingerale and Rootbeer
- Pomir Grill: Afghanistan Cuisine Featuring Lamb, Chicken and Beef Kabobs, Vegetarian Specialties Featuring Local Vegetables, Salads with Coriander Chutney and Garlic Sauce, Served with Authentic Afghan Aromatic Rice and Afghan Bread
- Rachel’s Green and Super Smoothies: Non-Dairy Fruit and Greens Smoothies, Sourdough Bread with Pesto and Garden Tomato Slices, and Homemade Corn Bean Salsa and Chips
- Seeds of Solidarity: Freshly harvested salad ‘oranganically’ grown a mile from the festival fields! Served with our garlic lovers plate featuring our own garlic infused tapenade, smoked salmon spread, and garlic bread, plus pesto/heirloom tomato/cheese sandwiches. Proceeds benefit Seeds of Solidarity’s Grow Food Everywhere youth and community programs.
- Severance’s Maple: Maple Cotton Candy, Maple Cream, Peanut Brittle and Other Local Maple Products
- Simply Divine Mobile Cafe: Gourmet Grilled Cheese Smorgasbord to include a Delicious Garlic Variety
- Simple Gifts: Garlic Hot Dogs with Various Garlicky Relishes, and Homemade French Fries
- Sweetest Memories: Garlic Fudge and Cherries, Fudge Apples, and Assorted Baked Goods
We are no longer accepting applications for new vendors in 2013 as the sites are all accounted for, however we would be pleased to accept applications for a waiting list. We want to give priority to businesses who most closely match our mission to provide local food. If this is you, please send us an application. Also, if you are a vendor that provides a food variety that is not accounted for in our vendor list, let us know (Laura or Brendan) as we would like to broaden the variety a bit more as time goes on.
Contact Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura at email@example.com