Interested in renewable energy, energy conservation, and learning new or old skills to thrive locally? We are! The North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival is committed to strengthening our communities, and this means promoting energy self-reliance and education about how to reduce consumption and waste, use renewable forms of energy, and re-skill our lives to create a better future for.
Be sure to read about the renewable energy talks that happen each day from 12:00-4:00 in the “energy tent”. This year many of the talks focus on growing, raising, or storing your own food with less of a carbon footprint. At left, Brian of North Quabbin Energy explains “winserts” – home-made window inserts. Conservation is first in the holy trinity of energy consciousness – conservation, efficiency, renewables.
- North Quabbin Energy: Get your questions answered by members of this informal group providing guidance and inspiration to citizens of the 9 towns in the North Quabbin area.
- Pioneer Valley Photovoltaics (PV²): Come see the ‘gear’ and hear the music on a stage that is powered by a solar electric system.
- Seeds of Solidarity’s SOL Patrol van: See another solar electric system used to power appliances for their food vending booth and the Family Stage.
- CO-OP Power: Grass roots at its best, they are a member based organization bringing solar hot water, home weatherizations, biodiesel, and more to Western Mass.
- Genesis One LLC: Get toasted with Mike Dabrowski’s deep-dish solar cooker. Check out his other inventions powered by the greatest source of life on earth – our Sun. Here is “thinking outside the box” at its best!