Garlic games takes place throughout the weekend. Allium (that’s latin for garlic) antics take place in the games area in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent and include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest led by gamesmaster for 16 years running Josh Habib on Saturday! See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on and enjoy the antics.
Other great activities in or near the Kid’s Area include:
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla
- Create with Clay in the Pottery tent, on-going weaving on the knoll
- Raven’s Treehouse Intertribal Crafting
- Featured, scheduled nature presentations with Tom Ricardi Birds of Prey on Saturday and an amazing Wolf Talks educational presentation on Sunday.*
- Outdoor adventure with Peak Expeditions
- Stories (time tbd) with Day Lone Wolf
- American Chestnut Tree Planting Event on Sunday at 4PM
- Horse-drawn hayrides leaving from the top of the hill beyond the Food Court (we are deeply saddened by the loss of Ken Hubbard, and honored his family will continue his tradition of festival hayrides)
Plus lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths that are great for all ages.
Schedules and a map of the field may be downloaded for your convenience.
* The festival offers Tom Ricardi Birds of Prey in memory of our neighbor Cheney Dodge. We are grateful to Pete’s Tire Barn for their gift of a WolfTalk presentation at the festival.