The festival is family friendly and rich with fabulous art, nature and adventure activities for kids and families! There are many new happenings this year around the kids area and knoll near the main stage. Free and fun!
If you have an idea for an activity for kids that you would like to discuss, contact Deb (978) 544-7564. We are open to ideas that promote connection to art, nature, wellness, and cultural education for families.
2015 activities include:
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla plus special demonstrations at 2PM each day
- Create with Clay in the Pottery tent and make a bowl to contribute to an Empty Bowls event to support local food pantries!
- Enjoy on-going natural material weaving on the knoll
- Facepainting with Jackie Mathers in the kids area (for a modest fee to support a young artist)
- Leatherwork with Raven’s Treehouse Intertribal Crafting
- Wow! Climbing wall with Peak Expeditions! (Peak Expedition is providing this experience free, accepting modest donations to support scholarships for North Quabbin youth adventure programs.
- Across the field, visit the new animal area featuring rabbits, ducks, sheep and more with Winterberry Farm, and the MA Working Steer 4-H club with youth bringing oxen and calves.
- Horse-drawn hayrides leave from the top of the hill beyond the Food Court.
- Experience a rare and amazing collection: Two Horses Native Artifact collection and education on the knoll from 12.00 to 2.00 each day: stone arrowheads of various sizes and purposes, spear and knife heads, tools and sacred effigies. Each item was hand knapped with flint, then meticulously sharpened with deer antler to a cutting edge, dating from 12,000 years ago to present. The collection is used for educational purposes in schools and community settings and shared by Walt Two Horses and Jetta Petrie
- Stories with Day Lone Wolf on Saturday at 2.30
Garlic games takes place throughout the weekend. Allium (that’s latin for garlic) antics take place in the games area in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent and include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…
- And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest led by gamesmaster for 16 years running Josh Habib on Saturday! See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on and enjoy the antics.
Plus lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths that are great for all ages.
Schedules and a map of the field may be downloaded for your convenience.