Allium (that’s Latin for garlic) Antics take place throughout the weekend and all ages are welcome to participate! The festival games include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest! See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on.
The SOL Players will entertain daily at 3:30 with a movement-inspired performance piece based on the theme of “Grow Food Everywhere” behind the Seeds of Solidarity booth! Look for our nomadic SOL Players troupe throughout the festival creating spontaneous happenings too.
New this year! The Garlic and Arts Festival has expanded into the woods. Follow the Forest Trail to the Spoken Word stage and a Quiet Creativity Space for children. On both Saturday and Sunday you will find storytelling with Day Lone Wolf from 1:00 – 2:00. Nina and Mary will entertain you with face-painting, mask-making, outdoor sculptures, and a fairy workshop from 11:00 – 12:30 and 2:00 – 4:30 each day as well. A nesting teepee for nursing or napping will always be available.
This family friendly festival offers other on-going art and nature activities including:
- Raven’s Tree House Intertribal Crafting
- Woodworking with The Village School
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla
- Plus lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths from pressing cider to turning wooden bowls that are great for all ages.