Garlic fun takes place throughout the weekend and all ages are welcome to participate! Just check the schedule for Saturday and Sunday to find the many garlic games that happen on the main field across from the Seeds of Solidarity booth.
Allium (that’s latin for garlic) antics include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest led by gamesmaster for 15 years running Josh Habib on Saturday! See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on and enjoy the antics.
This family friendly festival offers other on-going art and nature activities including:
- Woodworking with The Village School
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla
- Facepainting in the NEW North End family tent!
- NEW! Try Flat Rock Disc Golf on the knoll near the lower entrance
- Raven’s Treehouse Intertribal Crafting
- Horse-drawn hayrides leaving from the top of the hill beyond the Food Court (we are deeply saddened by the loss of Ken Hubbard, and honored his family will continue his tradition of festival hayrides)
Check out the new North End family entertainment tent for more great kid-friendly happenings, plus lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths that are great for all ages.
And if you are looking for a quiet spot, simply enjoy the shade and serenity of the woods beyond the Renewable Energy Tent.