Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
Applications for Community Organizations for the 2017 Festival will be available in early March. Check back in March for more details and the application.
These are the community organizations that were at the 2016 festival:
- Athol Hospital – a non-profit critical access hospital providing acute care to the North Quabbin region as part of Heywood Healthcare
- Coop Power – renewable energy products and services, educational materials, memberships, LED bulbs, solar coolers and more
- Community Health Center of Franklin County — with the mission to provide excellent medical and dental care to all residents of Franklin County, regardless of insurance status or income
- Heifer International – donates animals to and trains farmers in sustainable agriculture here and abroad
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy, environment, and future generations
- New England Organ Bank – information about organ donation
- Nolumbeka Project – dedicated to preserving New England’s Tribal heritage: a 12,000 year legacy of earth connection and sustainability by honoring the past, healing the present and celebrating the future
- North Quabbin Visitors Bureau – provides maps and tourism materials to attract more visitors to the beautiful North Quabbin region
- North Quabbin Trails Association – a stewardship and hiking organization that opens up new trails and connects trail systems in the North Quabbin region
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – provides education and advocacy to expand the production and availability of nutritious foods from living soils for the health of individuals, communities and the planet
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.