If you have an inquiry about Community Organizations, other than concerning participation in the 2018 Festival, you may submit it using the form below:
Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are the community organizations that were at the 2017 festival:
- Athol Bird and Nature Club – for everyone who shares an interest in nature’s many forms! Birders, geologists, star watchers, plant and animal enthusiasts all welcome.
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby – works to create the political will and lobbies Congress to pass Federal carbon fee and dividend legislation
- Climate Action Now – dedicated to building a powerful, unstoppable climate justice movement in our corner of the world-a movement that we see as essential to preventing climate catastrophe -while inventing new ways to live together on this earth.
- Community Health Center of Franklin County – provides medical and dental care to Franklin County. They will provide information about accessing coverage for both services.
- Coop Power – a consumer owned sustainable energy cooperative working for fossil fuel freedom and community ownership of energy resources (community solar, biodiesel, energy efficiency)
- Leaf Boat Theater – serves the human journey towards loving interdependence through ritual theater, music, puppets, goofiness, and direct actions for the sake of all beings.
- Mass. Forest Rescue Campaign – educates about the benefits of healthy, intact forests and their positive impacts on climate, biodiversity, and health
- Mothers Out Front – mothers who refuse to stand idle while climate change threatens the future of all our children!
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy, environment, and future generations. Special exhibit on the importance of farmers and farmland in the North Quabbin region, with a raffle to benefit farmland conservation
- New England Donor Services – information about organ donation with free promotional materials and a chance to talk with recipients
- Nolumbeka Project – dedicated to preserving New England’s Tribal heritage: a 12,000 year legacy of earth connection and sustainability by honoring the past, healing the present and celebrating the future. Raffle of items donated by Potumtuck Homelands Festival vendors
- North Quabbin Visitors Bureau – provides maps and tourism materials to attract more visitors to the beautiful North Quabbin region’s events, cultural offerings, recreational and agro-tourism opportunities
- North Quabbin Trails Association – a stewardship, map-making and hiking organization that opens up new trails and connects trail systems in the North Quabbin region. Maps of local trails for purchase.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – provides education and advocacy to expand the production and availability of nutritious foods from living soils for the health of individuals, communities and the planet
- Quabbin Composting & Organic Gardening Program – works to protect the environment for future generations by recycling food resources, through sustainable agriculture, and by encouraging these practices in our community.
- The Village School – provides nature based education focused on in-depth, hands-on academic studies together with kindness and attention to the individual student.
- Voter Choice Massachusetts – information about ranked choice voting and how it works.
In addition, several other organizations will be interspersed throughout the festival and listed on other pages on this website such as those in the Climate Action for All and Portal to the Future areas, or in the food courts, some raising money for their causes.