The 2020 Festival will be held on October 3 and 4. Applications for Community Organizations for the 2020 festival are now available.
Because space is limited, the first 10 organizations to return a complete application will get a full-sized booth, unless your preference is for a table. We will make table space available to as many appropriate applicants as space allows after the first 10. Our mission is to serve and promote the North Quabbin region. Please apply only if your organization operates in the North Quabbin region!
Community is at the heart of the mission and values of the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival. Local community organizations have booths and tables to share the wonderful service, justice, environmental, education and health work they contribute to the region.
These are the community organizations that were at the 2019 festival:
- The American Chestnut Foundation – mission is to return a blight-resistant American Chestnut tree back to the Eastern forests.
- Athol Bird and Nature Club – where birders, geologists, star watchers, plant enthusiasts and others actively share an appreciation of nature’s many forms.
- Common Good – an alternative payment system that supports economic democracy and community empowerment. Free promotional materials and discount coupons at local participating merchants.
- Extinction Rebellion MA – Extinction Rebellion is a strictly non-violent movement, whose overall ambition is an international rebellion that helps humanity to turn quickly onto a course that is compatible with life on earth, and to build resilient communities in the face of ecological and societal crisis. It operates under the principals of Holocracy with a decentralized structure. Founded by Rising Up! in the UK, Extinction Rebellion took its first acts of civil disobedience in November 2018, as 6000 rebels shut down five London bridges. Immediately after this, the movement grew rapidly to become an international uprising which now spans over 200 chapters worldwide.
- Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust – protects significant natural, agricultural, and scenic areas and encourages land stewardship for the benefit of the economy, environment, and future generations. Raising awareness of farms and farmers with maps, photos, and a raffle to benefit farmland conservation.
- New England Donor Services – information about organ donation with free promotional materials.
- Nolumbeka Project – display of plants grown in our traditional circle garden. Raffle of items donated by Native American artists at our August festival.
- North Quabbin Chamber and Visitors Bureau – a community-building organization working with businesses, town governments and community organizers to improve the quality of life for North Quabbin residents. Tourism brochures, maps and information about the North Quabbin region.
- North Quabbin Energy – an informal network of concerned people providing energy-related guidance and inspiration to citizens of the nine towns in the North Quabbin area.
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)/Massachusetts – a statewide network of farmers, gardeners, growers and food activists working through education and advocacy to increase the availability of healthy food coming from living soil. Action and educational materials about current action campaigns and programs.
- Quabbin Harvest Food Coop – providing healthy food at an affordable price, while building community, supporting local agriculture and respecting the natural environment.
- Sunrise Worcester – a group of ordinary young people who are scared about what the climate crisis means for the people and places we love. Gathering in classrooms, living rooms, and worship halls across the country and everyone has a role to play. Public opinion is already with us – if we unite by the millions we can turn this into political power and reclaim our democracy. They are building an army of young people to make climate change an urgent priority across America, end the corrupting influence of fossil fuel executives on our politics, and elect leaders who stand up for the health and well-being of all people. They are not looking to the right or left, they look forward.
- Voter Choice MA – a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to educating the Massachusetts public about electoral reforms and Ranked Choice Voting.
In addition, several other organizations will be interspersed throughout the festival and listed on other pages on this website such as those in the Kids’ Activity Tent and Portal to the Future areas, or in the food courts, some raising money for their causes.
Use the form below to send a message or query that does NOT pertain to becoming a 2020 exhibitor.