Each year, the agricultural exhibitors at the festival offer amazing, locally grown and produced products that celebrate the plentiful bounty of the North Quabbin and surrounding regions. Through on-going demonstrations and workshops they showcase the methods for growing your own garlic, making herbal products, growing mushrooms, roasting chiles, and promoting pollinators.
Here are the fabulous farm and farm product vendors you will find at the 2022 festival! You may find some of them at area farmers markets and other events, so do enjoy their websites and support local food and farms year-round! There are some great videos here too!! (Plus we’ve left a few of our regulars on the list who can’t make it this year but they are festival family).
- American Chestnut Project, Spencer, MA: Chestnut trees for sale! These presentations will provide you with some American Chestnut History, a Description of a Local Restoration Project, and information about the Role of Chestnut Trees in Regenerative Agriculture.
- Balky Farm, Northfield MA: sheepskins and goat hides, wool felted items, rovings, yarn, meat, preserves, wreathes
- Birch Moon Farm and Farmshoes, Shutesbury MA will not be at the 2022 festival but enjoy their wares!
- Bug Hill Farm, Ashfield MA: fruit shrubs, black current cordial, fruit conserves. Visit the sweet story of the organic fruit farm.
- The Farm at Cat’s Croft, Bernardston MA: garlic, shallots, pickled scapes, jams and marmalades and curds, all kinds of fall veggies to stock and preserved.
- Clearview Compost, Orange: compost education and small bags of compost
- Clearview Farm Garlic, special guests featuring softneck varieties!
- Dancing Bear Farm, Leyden, figs and fig trees. Learn about root pruning and the figs at Dancing Bear Farm. Not at the 2022 Festival.
- Diemand Farm, Wendell, sheep, poultry, turkeys, eggs, catering, barbeques, and a small herd of beef cows. Learn about this family farm from the family members.
- Foxtrot Farm, Shelburne Falls MA: fresh and dried herbs, teas, bouquets, salves. Watch the story of this beginning farm — Breaking Ground.
- Grass Hill Alpacas, Haydenville MA: knitted alpaca products. Watch the cute alpacas.
- Hettie Belle Farm, Warwick MA: grass-fed, organic meat and poultry CSA
- Just Roots, Greenfield MA: Learn about the growth of Just Roots Community Farm. Not at the 2022 Festival but find them at the Greenfield Farmer’s Market!
- Kitchen Garden Farm, Sunderland MA: Garlic, root/fall veggies, sriracha, salsa. dried chilies, tomato passata, giardiniera pickled veggies. Learn how they made a success of growing specialty vegetables and hot peppers.
- Kitchen Wizardry, Orange MA: spice mixes including Ayurvedic kitchari kit, doshic spices, and tisanes by chef Nalini.
- Little White Goat Dairy, Orange MA- check their website for 2022 offerings and visit their farmstand down the road from the festival!
- Maple Mama Beverages, Wendell MA: Bottled Craft Maple Spritzers
- Montague Chili Roasters, Montague MA: on-site green chile roasting (possibly Sunday only)
- New Salem Preserves, New Salem MA: Apples, preserves, and cider. Owner Carol Hillman welcomes you to her orchard and cider shop here.
- Niemi’s Apiary, Athol MA: Honey, beeswax candles, beekeeper’s handcream
- Old Friends Farm, Amherst MA: Not at the 2022 Festival but check out their website!
- Real Pickles, Greenfield MA: Raw, local naturally fermented pickles and krauts, hot sauce, kvass, garlic and turmeric kraut too! Here’s an introduction. They are committed to promoting human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system. Take a tour of their processing facility. Learn about their values.
- Round Table Farm, Hardwick MA: several varieties- including garlic! of raw milk aged cheese.
- Seeds of Solidarity Farm, Orange MA: Festival co-founders! Assortment of garlic for planting and eating, garlic braids, fall veggies. Plus a Garlic and Gratitude corner under the tent where you can buy garlic bread, or make and take an inspiring quote. Farmer Ricky Baruc recently did a webinar for the Northeast Organic Farmers Association on No-Till Gardening and Farming with Cardboard, Cover Crops, and Tarps. Deb Habib created Recipes for Wellness, a 40-page booklet distributed widely throughout this region to promote strategies for wellness to families and elders facing hunger. Learn more about this farming couple through their recently published book, Making Love While Farming: A Field Guide to a Life of Passion and Purpose, which can be ordered from worker-owned Levellers Press. Garlic is also available at their farm stand along with greens, tomatoes, and handmade products. Learn about the garlic harvest.
- Simple Gifts Farm, Amherst, They are in the food court where you can enjoy a organic produce and meat from sustainably farmed animals. Here’s how they got started. Watch skinning a greenhouse.
- Senny’s Sweets, Wendell MA: maple syrup caramels, maple syrup apples, and maple syrup lollipops. Support this awesome youth vendor!
- Song Sparrow Farm, Northampton MA: tea, dried and fresh flowers, veggies, dried herbs.
- Sweet Birch Herbals, Ashfield MA: teas, tinctures, syrups, salves, and Full Moon Ghee (including rosemary garlic!). Treating inflammation with herbal medicine.
- White Buffalo Herbs, Warwick MA: Handmade organic herbals, teas, and aromatherapy products. Body care and love potions. A – Z of Herbs.
Who domesticated whom? The Great Goat Taming.
Check the schedule for featuredworkshops from these farmers including: Roasting Chestnuts, Friendship bracelets with Song Sparrow Farm, herbal tincture and oil making with White Buffalo Herbs, Infusing Honey with Herbs (including garlic!) with Foxtrot Farm,