The festival is proud to offer incredible food in three upper food courts and the north field. Enjoy lunches and snacks from one of more than 20 food vendors and take a load off under one of the dining tents, chat it up, share your indulgences, and leave room for sampling food and sundries from local businesses throughout the Quabbin region. Festival food vendors are committed to culinary creativity and local agriculture, and include community organizations that raise funds through this event. Each food vendor uses at least one, and often many locally grown, raised, or produced products. Many offer a taste of garlic in one way or another.
Beverages are free of high fructose corn syrup and no bottled water — water is provided free on site! All food vendors use biodegradable utensils and plates which are composted after the festival at Orange’s local Clearview Compost, generating fertile soil rather than filling landfills. Attend a workshop at the handcrafted bread oven in the food court, that produces baked goods for festival volunteers.
Come hungry and enjoy the feast and fellowship!
Our 2017 Food Vendors:
- All Things Maple, Shelburne, MA: Fried dough with maple cream made from his own maple syrup.
- Bart’s Homemade Ice Cream, Greenfield MA: Garlic Ice Cream, Assorted Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbets Including Local Peaches, Blueberries, and Maple Syrup
- Bueno y Sano, Amherst MA: Burritos: Chicken, Barbeque Chicken, Bean and Spinach with Garlic
- Kailash Kitchen, Shelburne Falls, MA: Tibetan Dumplings with lacto fermented veggies with tons of homegrown garlic.
- Dean’s Beans, Orange MA: Organic and Fair Trade Coffee, Roasted in Orange
- Diemand Farm, Millers Falls MA: Barbecued Turkey Legs, BBQ Pulled Turkey Sandwiches, Turkey Jerky, and Seltzers
- Girls Club of Greenfield MA, Penguin frozen cheesecake on a stick
- Hattapon’s Thai Kitchen, Greenfield MA: Stir Fried Vegetable Yellow Curry with Garlic, Cucumber Salad, Chicken Satay with Garlicky Peanut Sauce, Banana Roles, Thai Iced Tea
- Hillside Pizza, Bernardston MA: Pizza Slices to Include; Cheese and Fresh Garlic, Margherita, Asiago Almond Pesto Onion Squash and Sage
- Kailash Kitchen, Shelburne Falls: Tibetan Dumplings, Naturally Fermented Veggies, and Iced Green Tea
- Lily Pad, Hadley MA: Variety of Vietnamese sandwiches including meat and vegetarian: BBQ pork, grilled pork sausage, and beef teriyaki.
- Lone Wolf Restaurant, Amherst MA: Butternut Squash Quesadilla, Salmon Cakes with Garlic Remoulade, and Tortilla Pizza
- Millers River Cafe, Orange MA: Vegetarian Garlic Chili, Local veggie sandwiches
- The People’s Pint, Greenfield MA: Garlic Baked Beans, Garlic Infused Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Garlic Cole Slaw, Garlic Barbecue Sauce, Meatballs in Spicy Garlic Sauce, and Homemade Gingerale and Rootbeer
- Pengyew Catering, Amherst MA: Pad Thai and Chocolate Pot de Creme
- Quabbin Harvest Coop, Orange MA: Chai and other tea, hot and iced
- Rachel’s Everlastings, Orange MA: Fruit and greens super smoothies. Tomato hot shots. Turkey pot pie with roasted garlic. Hot and Sour soup. Ginger tea.
- Seeds of Solidarity, Orange, MA: Famous garlic bread grown within a mile of the festival, farm-fresh salad with maple garlic vinaigrette. Proceeds support their SOL Garden youth program.
- Severance’s Maple Products, Northfield MA: Maple cotton candy, maple syrup, maple candies, maple lemonade, and other maple products.
- Shree’s Kitchen, Keene, NH: Indian curries- chicken tikka curry, chicken cooked with garlic, ginger, and spices. Saag Paneer, spinach in creamy garlic sauce with Indian cheese. Dosas, rice and lentil crepes with spiced potatoes or stir fry chicken. Vegetarian Samosas.
- Simple Gifts, North Amherst MA: Garlic Hot Dogs with Various Garlicky Relishes, and Homemade French Fries