Many vendors offer ongoing tastes and samples of their wonderful products at their booths. A few vendors provide more elaborate demonstrations. Locations of Booths can be found on the easels with white boards throughout the festival site.
Agriculture and Local Livelihood demonstrations at booths, ongoing unless otherwise indicated
- Seeds of Solidarity: Garlic growing workshops: several times each day, check schedule
- White Buffalo Herbs: herbal tincture making, see scheduled events
- Fungially: Growing mushrooms in mulch, see scheduled events
- Balky Farm: Needle Felting
- Yard Birds Farm: Hive anatomy/host a hive program, see scheduled events
- Woodcock Farm: Spinning, see scheduled events
- White Oak Timber Framers
- New Salem Preserves: Pressing apple cider
- PV²: Solar electricity for the main stage
- Genesis 1, LLC: hourly demonstrations of the power of the Sun
- Turn, Turn, Turn: Wood turning on a lathe, check schedule
- Plant an American Chestnut Tree, see scheduled events
- In the animal area: MA 4H Club Working Steer check schedule for times
- and more!!!
Scheduled Healing Arts Workshops, Demonstrations, and Talks Located at Exhibitor’s Booth
- Saturday 10:45 – 11:30, Give Your Feet a Treat – Take off your shoes and learn some tips for relaxing your feet and whole body healing with Janet Masucci of Riverside Healing and Bodywork.
- Saturday 2:00 – 3:00, Introduction to Life Energy Yoga – Learn what Life Energy Yoga is all about. Through tapping, stretching, and meditation we can open our bodies and minds in order to connect with our true selves and live happier, healthier, and more peaceful lives. Stephanie Mitchell’s demonstration will include 5 – 10 minutes of full body tapping, 5 – 10 minutes of meridian stretching, and 5 – 10 minutes of energy meditation.
- Sunday 10:45 – 11:30, Neck and Shoulder Muscles – Simple, easy self-care techniques to relax the muscles of the neck and shoulders with Janet Masucci of Riverside Healing and Bodywork and Karen Traub, Nationally Certified ABMP.
- Sunday 2:00, Whole-Person-Healing – There are five aspects of each person that need to be brought into balance for healing to take place. Besides the physical body, this includes our emotions, the mind, our relationships, and our spirituality. This talk by Michael Young of Idealife will touch on their connections.
Art and Craft Demonstrations Located at Exhibitor’s Booth
- Melinda LeLacheur of Dragonfly Designs – handcrafting wire and beaded bugs.
- Kathy Litchfield of Firecrow Handwovens will demonstrate hand weaving on a floor loom at her booth. Be sure to stop by and try it yourself — wind a bobbin, throw the shuttle, step on the treadles, raise the harnesses and see what it’s like to weave cloth from scratch!
- Jennifer Hope of Maille to Order will demonstrate how to create chainmail using her techniques.
- Susan Mulholland of Mulholland Silkscreen will show a collage that demonstrates her printmaking process.
- Samuel Scherer of Sam’s Wooden Bowls will be demonstrating bowl and spindle turning with 2 lathes and 3 wood turners. Projects include plates,tops small bowls,boxes,natural edge bowls.
- Sharon Raymond of Simple Shoemaking will show you how to create your own “First Footsteps” shoes for little ones.
- Kim Parkhurst of Splendid Toad Art Farm will be demonstrating painting techniques.
- Adele Smith-Penniman of WEAVING ARTcetera uses fibers of varied colors and textures, and will be weaving wall hangings and bags on a rigid heddle loom.