The festival is family friendly and rich with fabulous art, nature and adventure activities for kids and families! There are many new happenings this year around the kids area and knoll near the main stage. Free and fun!
The kid’s art tent this year will feature an amazing giant globe crafted by Terri Bucci and Bruce Scherer where everyone can add their hopes and dreams for a beautiful world.
Other 2017 activities include:
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla plus special demonstrations at 2PM each day
- Facepainting with ‘three sisters’- Tiffany, Kenzie and Tory- in the kids area (for a modest fee to support these young artists)
- Horse-drawn hayrides leave from the top of the hill beyond the Food Court.
- The popular Skeleton Crew theater will be back roaming the fields from 11-4 both days!
- Experience a rare and amazing collection: Two Horses Native Artifact collection and education from 12.00 to 2.00 each day: stone arrowheads of various sizes and purposes, spear and knife heads, tools and sacred effigies. Each item was hand knapped with flint, then meticulously sharpened with deer antler to a cutting edge, dating from 12,000 years ago to present. The collection is used for educational purposes in schools and community settings and shared by Walt Two Horses and Jetta Petrie
Garlic games takes place throughout the weekend. Allium (that’s latin for garlic) antics take place in the games area in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent and include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…
- And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest led by gamesmaster for 19 years running, Josh Habib, at 3PM on Saturday in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent! (where you can sign up earlier in the day to participate) See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on and enjoy the antics.
Be sure to visit the Family Stage for a fabulous line-up of performers. And there are lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths that are great for all ages, as well as exciting and educational activities in the Portal to the Future.