In addition to garlic games like the garlic and egg toss and sack races, experiential activities at exhibitor booths, and family friendly performance, visit the Kids Art Tent filled with creativity and nature inspired art.
The kids art tent is located up the hill from the Main Stage between the upper Food Court and Spoken Word Stage. There you will find a table for clay fun, yarn and stick art, a giant weaving loom on a tree, a tepee to play in, a free drawing table, and other surprise activities. There will be a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) project to stimulate kids’ problem-solving abilities. Kids and their parents will be asked to create “Go Greener” goals and to share them on Go Greener displays throughout the field that lead to the Portal to the Future. Free and fun!
When you arrive at the Portal, check out the giant “The World We Love” globe crafted by Terri Bucci and Bruce Scherer and add your Go Greener Goals along with your hopes and dreams for a world that sustains and nourishes life.
Be sure to visit the Family Stage for a fabulous line-up of performers. And there are lots of on-going demos at artist and agriculture booths that are great for all ages. And dance to the music with new friends and Alotta Hoopla hula hooping!
Other 2019 kid’s activities included:
- The popular Skeleton Crew theater was back roaming the fields from 11-4 both days!
- Hoola Hooping with Alotta Hoopla plus special demonstrations at 2:30 PM each day
- Henna with Kelly and facepainting with Three Sisters (modest fee)
- Horse-drawn hayrides with Brian Hubbard leave from the top of the hill beyond the Food Court. (Modest fee)
- Experience a rare and amazing collection: Two Horses Native Artifact collection and education from 12:00 to 2:00 each day: stone arrowheads of various sizes and purposes, spear and knife heads, tools and sacred effigies. The collection is shared by Walt Two Horses and Jetta Petrie
Garlic games takes place throughout the weekend. See the schedule for times. Allium (that’s latin for garlic) antics take place in the games area in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent and include:
- Garlic and Egg Toss
- Garlic Sack Race
- Tug of Garlic…
- And, do not miss the famous Raw Garlic Eating Contest led by gamesmaster for 21 years running, Josh Habib, at 3 PM on Saturday in front of the Seeds of Solidarity tent! (where you can sign up earlier in the day to participate) See if you can eat over 30 cloves like the winners… or at least try one then cheer them on and enjoy the antics.